Looking for a unique personalised gift? Or maybe you're a teacher or home-schooler looking for hands-on learning activities? Welcome to my shop, where you will find handmade magnetic dress-up dolls and Bible story sets to use on a magnetic whiteboard.
My magnetic paper dolls are mounted on 3mm craft wood. The clothes attach to the dolls with magnetic dots. All items are handmade by me, from the original art work to the finished product.
***Personalised dolls can be made on request.***


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Name these children competition!

I have just made a new set of magnetic wooden paper dolls to list in my Etsy shop, but they need names!
If you'd like to enter this competition, leave a comment with your suggestions (left to right).  If I choose your entry, your prize is a choice of any two of the dolls in my shop (including these new ones)
The competition closes on Saturday morning, 22nd May, Australian EST (wihich will be Friday night in the US).

My magnetic wooden paper dolls are mounted on 3mm craft wood, with a magnetic sheet sandwiched between the layers. Several coats of varnish give them protection from sticky little fingers!
The clothes, which have been laminated for strength and durability, can be attached with magnetic dots. Choose clothes to suit every occasion from the ever-growing wardrobe displayed in my shop: going to school, playing at home or having a sleepover.

15 comments:

  1. (Left to right)

    Johnny
    Janey
    Jerard
    Janelle
    Jamal
    Jaquina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left to Right

    Gorge
    Matilda
    Sammy
    Freda
    Henry
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love names - i didn't have enough kids for all the names i love!
    lol

    Timmy
    Tammy

    Daniel
    Shirah

    Micah
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. jack
    lisa
    Jackson
    Louisa
    Jerimiah
    Lydia
    form kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tierra
    Trevor
    Tamika
    Travis
    Trisha
    Terrance

    I decided to go with all T's! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special women in my life was Debra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amos
    Anna
    Andrew
    Anastasia
    Asher
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finlay
    Eliza
    Darren
    Christa
    Barnard
    Alicia

    I named them by the alphabet - perhaps this family will eventually go to z!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these dolls! They're great. I've chosen all Sawahli names originating from eastern Africa
    (Left to right)
    Karim - generous
    Amina - trustworthy/faithful
    Jamil - handsome
    Hanna - happiness
    Rafiki - a friend
    Niara - of high purpose

    Thanks from Henkela

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dad's contribution (via facebook:
    You can call the dolls Joseph, Maria, Zacheria, Elisabeth, Gabriel, Simeon and Anna. There are a few more in the book where I found these, like Habakkuk and Kerinhappuch, And also the plain John, Luke, Marc and Matthew. I'm sure I win the prize.

    (Now, I wonder which book he found those names in?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mikey,Sarah,Levi,Emma,Sammy,Amy.
    Nice names for you to choose from here-have fun choosing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. left to right

    Noah - Nina - Jael - Shana - Gio - Gemma

    Just for information - Shana - is hebrew for beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant! I love how reusable they sound! I bet kids love them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.