Looking for a unique personalised gift? Or maybe you're a teacher or home-schooler looking for hands-on learning activities? Welcome to my shop, where you will find handmade magnetic dress-up dolls and Bible story sets to use on a magnetic whiteboard.
My magnetic paper dolls are mounted on 3mm craft wood. The clothes attach to the dolls with magnetic dots. All items are handmade by me, from the original art work to the finished product.
***Personalised dolls can be made on request.***


Friday, May 7, 2010

Better to give than to receive.

Before reading on, please have a look at this: http://www.amkreations.blogspot.com/

There is more to this story.
I had had my suspicions as to whether Liz had included herself in the Secret Sibling when she had forgotten to send me details of who mine was until after the others had already been allocated.
So when my own gift turned out to be from Liz, I wasn't really surprised- but I was vey pleased!
Not only did I receive one of her beautiful hand made baskets, but it was filled with goodies, including my favourite dark chocolates, a "clean linen" scented candle, and was decorated with a spray of my favourite spring flowers- apple blossom!

When I convo'd her to say thank you, she replied saying that it was partly from Anita (author of the above blog and my secret sibling) -who had sold her the lovely blue and gold fabric (my favourite colour combination!)  That being so, the gift I in turn gave to Anita was in part from Liz, too!  Not being sure of how long it would take to get to the US, I had arranged to send it to Liz, who would forward it in time.  She refused to let me pay the additional postage, saying that was all part of the fun! To top it all off- Her gift to me had to be mailed to Australia, and the postage costs were far from cheap.  Some would have chosen a smaller, flatter parcel to send, because of the cost of shipping, but not Liz!

God will bless you, Liz.

"Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you mete with it shall be measured to you again."  Luke 6:38


Have a look at the work done by the lovely "LadyMay":
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LadyMaysFabritique

8 comments:

  1. wow - such an amazing amount of blessings went into this turn - this is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! What a blessing to be a part of such a great group of individuals who are so great of blessings to others! Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that basket. What a wonderful gift to recieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your basket! Lady does such a great job!
    Bloomfield Beads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Amaria! I am just sitting here thankful for the love of the Lord in Liz! I am praying for her to be doubly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so very sweet of her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing gesture from Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great turn of events. All the gifts are lovely, and how Liz chose to orchestrate all this was wonderful.
    God Bless all the SS.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.